Be it Shakespeare’s period of novel-writing or the ultra-modern form of technical content writing, – Writing has always been a special skill, fun and joy for passionate writers. Writers are those skilled labourers who can build or break almost everything effortlessly.
Nowadays there is no scarcity of different types of writers. Yet the demand for writing and writers is equally high. Their niche ranges from story writing to television script writing and writing for media. But writing for the Internet users happens to be the most demanding job these days.
Internet writing involves web-page content writing, web article writing, copy writing, technical writing, blogging, press release writing, info-graphic designing, white-paper writing, ghost-writing and so on.
Web content writing has emerged to be a very good career option both for passionate writers and effective communicators. So there is an increased density of fresh newcomers. Importantly most of them want to be freelancers. And if you can handle it, then freelancing is the best approach in my opinion as no formal training or experience is needed for this job. Simply you must have the ability to write well.
But most of them tend to be lacking some guidelines how to start with and how to proceed. In this post we will find some ways for them.
Who is a freelance writer?
- As it’s already known a freelancer is not a full-time employee in any particular organisation.
- He is independent to produce the work as per his own convenience and needs to submit it before the fixed deadline.
- He has direct contacts with his clients, so makes his own client list and deals with them.
What should a freelance content writer do?
If you are a beginner, at first you need to find works (free or paid). Of course if you have quality work, you will get paid. Follow the steps below to start with.
- Get ready with some quality demo works all the time. Regularly update those.
- Try to market yourself. So connect with as many people as you can via social media like Facebook, Reddit, Pinterest etc.
- It’s good to have your personal blog with updated works. Mention your contact ways everywhere – from your timeline to wall-post and in every write-up too.
- Search some good websites (searchable from Google) that connect writers with clients who need contents. Remember these are business sites that take a percentage of your payment in exchange for providing the works.
- Another way of finding works is contacting websites that use bidding. Here the winner in bidding is handed over the job and get paid after he finishes off. Though it’s a competitive way still you can create your own client list.
- Also another better way is contacting websites that will hire you as independent contractor. There you will write blogs, SEO contents, page contents, or normal articles with a good pay scale.
- In some cases it’s suggested to start own business of content writing services. Create websites and blogs and insert your services clearly mentioned on the pages. Approach for advertisements, commission programs and sponsors on the web. Put your most liked works and client testimonials there too.
- Above all keep reading as many published articles in magazines, blogs and websites as you can. Writing seems to have no end at all. The more you read, the more you learn and the more quality you can produce through writing.
After the preliminary works are done try to achieve something – something classy. Following tips will help you then.
- Try to be a specialist in your niche.
- Do research more and more on the things you like.
- Bring more quality in your works by editing some previous stuffs and reading again at times.
- Increase your client-base. Never dissatisfy your current clients.
- And above all search new topics from net and gather info about special topics.
- Continue attending more seminars, webinars and conferences to represent your talent.
- Keep on exploring and exposing your brain. At this level never compare your pay-check with your talent. Love your passion and get going. Enjoy each and every bit.
For more detail about how to start freelancer web writing Like us facebook or subscribe our Blog