Optimizing websites for search engines is becoming tougher now because of frequent updates in search engine algorithm. So SEO professionals can’t take it easy though they specifically know what to do, how to do. The job has become equally tougher for employers too. They become very doubtful while playing the “odd-man-out” – means who to hire and who to fire.
True talents and experts don’t need to claim anything. They get hired and justify the hiring. But hiring process doesn’t go flawless every time. Bad and irresponsible candidates make the whole chain unbalanced.
So here are some tips to hire suitable SEO candidates that best suit the system. At the same time we will focus on the ways junior SEO professionals should pick for their career.
Tips for Employers:
Let’s discuss a few tips for employers to build strong SEO teams. Take care of the following points both while hiring and after hiring suitable candidates for your team.
- Learn to deal with the recruiters. The candidates sent by recruiters are not necessarily the best ones all the time. Before considering their candidates first judge the recruiters’ SEO knowledge by asking some SEO related fundamental questions to them. If they can’t answer, then how can they send good candidates?
- Contact good institutions regularly. Yes, good institutes generally accept some good brains. And it’s easier to work with academically rich talents even if they don’t possess deep experience. A little training can do the trick.
- Have a look at Reddit Accounts. Generally taken, persons with active Reddit accounts understand the value of SEO. They recognize good content well. So, carefully choose the Reddit people.
- Put Ads on small SEO blogs. Depending on and recruiters will no doubt cost you high as they demand you some high fees. So putting Ads on small blogs rather than choosing reputed SEO sites is a better option. Chances are high that you can get some standard candidates from there.
- Talk with your own staff regularly. Carefully watch the activities of your staff. Make sure that they aren’t in frequent contact with recruiters. Who knows after some talk recruiters may influence them and take them out of your company. So reject those recruiters who’re calling your staff regularly.
Tips for Employees:
While employers want to build strong teams without paying the extra amount to the recruiters, what would employees do? So in order to complete our discussion let’s consider their cases too.
- Try to contact the employer directly. Don’t waste your money by paying recruiters all the time. It’s all right that you approached few recruiters at the beginning of your career. But remember there is no scarcity of employers who search for good and experienced people. Try to contact them directly by visiting the ‘Contact Us’ or ‘Career’ pages in SEO sites.
- Build networks. Try to attend lots of events both on the web and in other locations. Don’t miss a single organized in a place you can easily go. The major benefit in attending such events and conferences is you can come across various SEO giants. They share what they have and you gain what you lack.
- Think twice before switching company. Every person is told that “switch company to get higher payment”. But things don’t go that easy. You will face a whole new environment, new team members – few good and few bad ones. So reality might happen to be critical for you there. So it’s better to let your boss know that you want some increase in your payment and be happy to stay here.
- Always have an updated CV with a professional look. Be careful while designing your CV. Give it a complete professional look as you already know this. Still let’s remind what a professional CV is:
- It has 2 parts – Header and Body. Header tells who you are – means your name, contact no., and e-mail id. And all other things are mentioned in the body part.
- The CV should be in neat and clean format. All the texts and bulleted points must be in readable form.
- Short and appealing sentences are liked by the employers. They only underline your experience and the technologies you know.
- If there is frequent switching from company to company, then you will face lots of questions. It’s a trick to skip a few if you have really switched plenty of companies in your career.
- Design CVs according to the positions. Remember the CV of a junior SEO professional differs from that of a senior specialist or a team lead.
- Keep visiting company’s profile you are interested to work for. The best way is to subscribe to RSS feeds and blogs of that particular company. So you get the latest news and updated information.
So these are only a few tips for an effective appointment process. Choosing an SEO professional wisely saves you money and helps you to build an intelligent team for the future. Take care..!!