Guest bloggers, in the web world, are regarded as the real gems. Without being marketers by name they do market indirectly by writing guest blogs for company websites and personal blogs. Guest blogging is not a brand new concept but it’s widely implemented just a couple of years back since major search engines started giving priority to it.
Guest blogs are created with the aim to post them on websites/blogs with higher PR and acquire a great no. of visitors back to the guest blogger’s website/blog. By increasing traffic the site can gain page popularity, search engine rank, more customers and more sales. Well, this total system works only if your strategy is great. Unfortunately in many cases the strategy goes weak and so does the system. Here are 5 important tips to help your guest blogging strategy work great.
1. First target the blogs you’re going to post. What’s your reason to write the guest post? Do you want to get some quality backlinks? Then any authority blog with a good PR would suffice. If you want to gain subscribers, then it’s not just ‘any blog’ but ‘A-list blogs’ with good PR and no. of potential readers actually interested to read your blogs. They’ll never back-step from subscriptions & sign-ups.
Technorati & Alltop are the resources to help you find good A-list blogs of different topics & categories. They are always active to accept your contents (they must bear value provided).
2. Know your target audience whom you’re writing for. Yours might be a powerful content but in the end what matters is targeting the right audience. If it fails to do so, then there’s no point putting effort only to develop those guest posts.
So try to know your right audience, their geographical & psycho-graphical details, their queries & questions and their special interests. It’s worth spending time to know your audience because these are the people who’ll become your customers & buyers.
3. Write high-standard contents. If you’re already a blogger or someone closely related to this platform, you know how high-standard contents look like. They’re simple (written in plain texts), interesting, informative and lucid. The below points would help you add extra flavour to your high-standard contents.
- Title must be compelling enough to keep your readers intact. Title tells everything The rest of the content only follows what your title says.
- Trendy contents grow fast and die fast. So build contents that would bring long-term success.
- Always try to spot a direct question and find direct answer through your post.
- Provide perfect & accurate solution through your content (try to provide the solution in that single post as long as you can).
- If the solution requires a detailed description, link to some valuable e-books or valid pages so that the reader would be happy to click on the link.
Quality content is what talks directly to its readers. The readers should feel that yes, the post is definitely having value or it can at least help them find solutions.
4. Fine-tune your problem-solving ways. A post becomes crappy & ugly if it gets filled with anchor texts. You got to limit the no. of links in a particular page. Keeping this in mind try to include the major part of the solution in the post itself. Otherwise, try to link to some free resources (free e-books or webinars) on your blog making sure you’re aiming to solve the question.
5. Track the results. After you get approved by your target blog/website and your guest blog gets published, the next thing to do is verifying the result. Check them with frequent pauses, maybe once or twice in a fortnight. By doing so you can know what posts are going up and which are going down.
Try to find the cause why some of the posts are capable to convert users into potential customers. Try focusing on that point and make the successive guest blogs go stronger.