I feel it’s worth writing this post for the sure benefit of all my web-manager friends (SEO pros to Web masters). It’s exactly one month now since Google updated its algorithms and site-ranking strategies. You better know how these updates affect the whole Internet world.
The post-penguin age happens to be so critical for everyone out there. The fear-factor is always there vibrating every brain. Who knows the same thrilling news might come again in another morning very soon involving another update or so..!!
That’s why it’s high time to rethink and reorganize the SEO campaigns. Last night I scanned lots of pages, got lots of posts related to this same query out of which an article from www.searchenginewatch.com I find to be interesting.
Linking and Back-linking:
If you deeply analyse the scenario, you will find that the basics are always right. The relevant linking strategy used by Google in 1996 is still on. Here the term relevant is what matters. Google only wants relevancy in all links and back-links.
Here I would definitely add the interesting RAID Test thesis in that post that goes back to the back-linking strategy. It involves:
- Relevance: It asks whether the link comes from a relevant source and it is useful for your page-content or not.
- Authority: Is that link source authoritative?
- Influence: Does the link come from an influential source?
- Diversity: Will your web-presence be diversified by adding this link to your page?
If your back-links pass through this test, welcome them. Understandably these are very fundamental issues as far as back-links are concerned. But with the increasing popularity of social media marketing websites seem to be forgetting these simple basics. That might be the point Google’s trying to pinpoint every time.
Organic Back-links are Important:
Furthermore, those back-links are organic which satisfy the above RAID test. Organic back-links are always acceptable to increase organic search visibility. If you don’t build organic back-links, the chance of getting displayed in search result pages is diminished. So let me note down briefly how to use the linking strategy for better and greater web presence.
- Search for only relevant link sources.
- Check out the texts in the links whether they actually mean for your content or not.
- Say NO to inorganic back-links. The back-links not passing through the RAID test are the inorganic ones.
- Build optimized contents, blog posts, press releases and white papers.
- Publish new, useful contents regularly and continuously.
- Be vigilant to all the SEO back-link data sources.
- Situations are complex. So don’t try something fancy. Remember you can’t deceive search engines. They may penalize immensely if you are found wrong at any point. So follow the basics correct.
- Lastly market your site well with legitimate SEO works and approaches.